Friday, July 17, 2009

Noopinionline

USA Today has an opinion roundup on Fridays call "Opinionline." This week's subject was the Sotomayor confirmation hearings. As is their format, there are edited opinions from five newspapers around the country (sometimes the world.) There were two from Texas, Dallas and Waco. Both took fence sitting to an art form. They said nothing for or against the nominee. Instead they concentrated on the form and structure of the hearings. Hence, for this edition, I'm dubbing the editorial roundup as "Noopinionline."

I already boycott the Dallas Morning News. Now I have another to add to the list: the Waco Tribune-Herald. This is not to say that I endorse USA Today. My readership is more a product of the paper being least objectionable. The other quoted editorials in this week's edition at least ponied up opinions on the nominee; both positive and negative. That's more than the News could muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment